- Onion – medium size half
- Red mirchi – 4
- Coriander seeds – 1 tspoon
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tspoon
- Urad Dal – 1 tspoon
- tamarind – 1/2 tspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Brinjal – 4 / Eggplant – half
- In a pan heat 2 tspoons oil. Once the oil is hot enough add coriander, cumin, urad, redmirchi. Saute for 3-4 minutes on medium flame. Then keep them aside and let it cool
- Now cut the brinjal/eggplant into medium size pieces and put them in salt water( to avoid the darkening of them). On a medium heat, place a pan and add 4 tspoons oil. When the oil is hot enough add the cut pieces.
- Now take a blander, add the the ingredients, blend them into a paste. Now add the onions and tamarind and blend it well. Keep this aside.
- Once the brinjal pieces turn soft add the paste that we just blended and cook this until the raw smell is gone and the curry reduces in quantity.
Serve it with rice or roti